We are issuing some important FAQs and other updates related to general queries authors face once their books are released. Please read these carefully to avoid any difficulties. We have tried to answer all the queries you may face. If this doesn’t help, you can always use the post publishing support channel!
Listing, Delivery, Royalty Related queries
1. I cannot find my book listed on Google Play or Flipkart!
– We have had provided a general timeline of 7-10 working days for listing of the books on Google Play & Flipkart. Due to the current backlogs, we had to shift some manpower from the listing team to other teams which may have caused this delay. If your book is still not available on these two platforms, we request you not to worry since we are working on the same. The ETA for the same is 15th November, 2021.
2. When I track delivery status on Amazon, it shows nothing?
– We have partnered up with various third parties such as Delhivery, Fedex, Xpressbees, Bluedart etc to fulfill the orders we receive on Amazon. There is a handling time of 5 days on Amazon. For example, if we receive an order today, it needs to be shipped out within next 5 days. Once the order is marked as shipped on Amazon (that’s when the shipping label & tracking details are generated), the courier company is informed to pickup the couriers from our storage & order handling site. It typically takes a day or two before the pickup happens. During this period, the tracking details are not updated on the courier company’s website since they get updated after the actually pickup when the shipping labels are scanned. Thus, it may appear that tracking number is invalid, but it is actually in the pickup stage.
– All orders are generally fulfilled and marked for shipping within 2-3 days of receiving the order. Since the books are being printed on demand, it takes this much time atleast.
3. I cannot see any data of sales/ royalty on my dashboard!
– The sales & royalty dashboard we have created does not report live data. The sales data is compiled at the end of 15 days from a month end after accounting for returns & refunds and then data is uploaded on the dashboard. (There is a 15 days return/ refund period on Amazon)
– For Instance, for the sales happened during the month of April 2021, the data is prepared and uploaded on 16th May, 2021. (There may be a 5-10 day difference in this at times)
– Once this data is uploaded, then only you will be able to see sales on the dashboard.
4. What does the agreement says about royalty payments & reporting?
– For most of the books we publish, including December Diary & Covid Diary books, the following is the clause(s) related to sales reporting & royalty payments:
What does this mean?
We are explaining this with the help of an example.
For the sales happened during 1st April, 2021 to 30th April, 2021 (ie. month of April 2021), the sales data will be provided within 45-60 days from 30th April, 2021, ie between 15th June 2021 to 30th June 2021.
The royalty for the sales happened during April 2021 will be paid out within 60 days from the date of the above sales report, ie between 15th August 2021 to 30th August 2021.
How have we streamlined and reduced this time?
We understand that these timelines that we have agreed upon in the agreement are longer. Thus, to streamline the sales reporting and royalty payments and reduce the time for the same, we have come up with the following policy:
The sales reporting for any month would be done within 30 days from the last day of that month and the royalty payments would be made within 30 days of the date of the report. We have also started to mention these particular dates in the main dashboard to avoid any confusion.
Important Current Updates
Complimentary Copy Updates
– Many of you might be waiting to receive your complimentary copies. Our orders team will be sending you the tracking details of the same by 11th November, 2021.
Author Copies Updates
– Many of you have ordered author copies and have been waiting to receive the same. We have received a lot of orders for author copies during this festive season. Since the production was closed during 30th October – 7th November 2021 due to festive & weekend offs, it has been resumed w.e.f. 8th November 2021, and the status update will be shared by orders team on your registered email address.
Upcoming Holidays/ Offs
We are also issuing a list of upcoming holidays/ offs and working timings so that you can pre-plan your orders and further be informed of any possible delay in production!
10th Nov (Chath Puja Holiday), 13th Nov (Saturday), 14th Nov (Sunday), 19th Nov (Gurupurab Holiday), 20th Nov (Saturday), 21st Nov (Sunday), 27th Nov (Saturday), 28th Nov (Sunday).
The production (printing of books) will remain closed on these days. The marketing, creative & order handling teams will remain accessible via emails during 11AM-4PM.